The company, its employees and agents, as described filled out by applicant on this application, is herein referred to as Exhibitor. THE ALASKA COMICON, iis herein referred to as AKCC. show itself, the actual event is herein referred to as the Exhibition.
The actual occupancy of the space taken by Exhibitor is of the essence of this License. If Exhibitor does not occupy such space, AKCC is authorized to occupy such space or to cause such space to be occupied as AKCC deems in the best interest of the Exhibition without in any way releasing Exhibitor from any liability hereunder. AKCC reserves the right to relocate Exhibitor. It is further agreed that the conditions, rules and regulations printed on this License or any attachments hereto, and in the exhibitors’ manual, as any of such may be amended from time to time,are made a part hereof as though fully incorporated herein, and Exhibitor agrees to be bound by such. In the event of a vendor cancellation, zero refund will be issued unless we are booked to capacity, and are able to replace you from a waitlist. This Policy will be strictly enforced.
1. Cancellation Policy. In the event Exhibitor seeks to cancel this License or withdraw from the Exhibition, Exhibitor may only do so by giving written notice to AKCC, by certified mail, return receipt requested.
Cancellation notice may also be given by email, but does not go into effect until replied to. The date of cancellation, withdrawal or downsize in space as applicable shall be the post mark date on the notice, or email reply. Cancellation entitles you to a refund amounting to 0% of your total payment. I.e. your entire payment is forfeited and no refund shall be due. If there is a waitlist, we will attempt to fill your space, and will issue a 100% refund of amount paid within 30 days following the event if we are able to fill the space at the full rental value.
2. Exhibits & Material. Exhibits will be limited to those companies or other entities offering materials, products, or services of specific interest to registrants. AKCC reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any product for display. Exhibiting manufacturer’s representatives and/or distributors must list its participating principals as the exhibitors of record.
Only the sign of Exhibitor may be placed on the booth or in the printed list of exhibitors of the Exhibition. No exhibitors or advertising will be allowed to extend beyond the space allotted to Exhibitor, or above the back and side rails of such space. Exhibitor agrees not to sell or distribute any adult material to minors. All “Adults Only” material must be either behind the table or, if displayed on a table or display rack, bagged and covered so that minors may not open it. Any adult material depicting nudity must be “blinded” (i.e. the nudity or sexual conduct must be covered). Adult videos and magazines are not to be displayed openly. A sign may be posted to let customers know that you carry such merchandise. AKCC does not allow bootleg or counterfeit materials of any kind. Possession or sale of these materials is at your own risk. Exhibitor agrees that its exhibit shall be admitted and shall remain from day to day solely by strict compliance with these rules. AKCC reserves the right to reject, eject, or prohibit any exhibit in whole or in part, or Exhibitor or any of Exhibitor’s representatives upon AKCC’s good faith determination that the same is not in accordance with these rules and regulations.
3. Limitation of Liability. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AKCC and the sponsor, owner, exhibition hall facility, and city in which this Exhibition is being held, and each of their respective officers, agents and employees, against all claims, losses, suits, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) and charges of every kind arising out of or resulting from its execution of this License or its occupancy of the space herein contracted for by reason of personal injuries, death, property damages or any other cause sustained by any persons or others. AKCC shall not be responsible for loss or damage to displays or goods belonging to Exhibitor, whether resulting from fire, storms, acts of God, air conditioning or heating failure, theft, pilferage, mysterious disappearance, bomb threats or other causes.
All such items brought to the Exhibition are displayed at Exhibitor’s own risk, and should be safeguarded at all times. The Raceway Complex provides basic security, and can radio for help, and Exhibitor agrees that the provision of such services constitutes adequate discharge of all obligations of AKCC to supervise and protect Exhibitor’s property within the Exhibition. Exhibitors may furnish additional guards at their own cost and expense, only with
prior approval by AKCC. Exhibitor agrees that AKCC shall not be liable in the event of any errors or omissions in Exhibitor’s Official Directory listings or in any promotional material. AKCC makes no representations or warranties with respect to the number of Exhibition attendees or the demographic nature of such attendees.
4. Default. Exhibitor’s booth/table must be occupied by 10am on the event of the show. If Exhibitor’s booth/table is not occupied by the time set, and has not contacted the Exhibits Director to make arrangements for late arrival, such space may be possessed by AKCC for any purpose it may see fit. If
Exhibitor breaches any of its obligations or covenants under this License, including without limitation any Exhibition rule or regulation promulgated pursuant to this License, AKCC may, without notice, terminate this License. In the event of such default, AKCC may thereupon direct Exhibitor forthwith to remove its employees, agents or servants, and all of its articles of merchandise and other personal property from the space licensed and from the Exhibition Hall. Your payment will be subsequently forfeited.
5. Sub-licensing/ Booth Usage. Exhibitor shall not sub-license, assign or otherwise permit any person to occupy Exhibitor’s booth, or any part thereof, or use the booth for the exhibition of anything not specified in this License. Exhibitor must seek AKCC’s permission to sublet, share or sign over their booth to another party. Exhibitor may not permit non-exhibiting companies’ representatives to conduct business in its booth without the express written permission of AKCC. In the case of multiple parties sharing one exhibit space, the person whose name appears of this contract assumes full responsibility for that space as specified here.
AKCC rulings in its sole discretion shall in all instances be final with regard to use of any exhibit space.
6. Damage to Property. Exhibitor is liable for any damage caused to building floors, walls or columns, or to standard booth equipment, or to other exhibitors’ property. Exhibitor may not apply paint, lacquer, adhesives, or other coating to building columns and floors or to standard booth equipment.
7. Special Services. Electricity, internet, telephone, as well as other special services needed by individual exhibitors, are provided only when the exhibitor orders and agrees to pay for them directly to the persons authorized to supply such services in conformity with city, insurance and other requirements.
8. Booth Representatives. Booth representatives shall at all times wear badge identification furnished by AKCC. AKCC may at any time limit the number of booth representatives. All booths must be staffed by Exhibitor during all hours the show is open, as well as during setup and take-down.
9. Electrical Safety. All wiring on displays or display fixtures must conform to the applicable standards established by various govern-mental agencies and standard fire inspection ordinances. All display wiring must exhibit the seal and/or such other seals of official approving agencies as may be required at the site of the Exhibition.
10. Safety, Lighting and Fire Laws. All applicable fire and safety laws and regulations must be strictly observed by Exhibitor. Cloth decorations must be flameproof. Wiring must comply with local Fire Department and Underwriters’ Rules. Smoking in exhibits is forbidden. Crowding will be restricted and aisles and fire exits must not be blocked by exhibits. No decorations of paper, pine boughs, leafy decorations or tree branches are allowed. Acetate and most rayon drapes are not flameproof and may be prohibited. Do not encroach on any aisles that border your booth. Fire Extinguishers, Hose Cabinets, Fire Exits or Fire Alarms cannot be blocked or covered. All decorations must be flame retardant or FR rated. They are subject to a random flame test by the Fire Marshal. Acceptable materials will not hold a flame. Materials can be manufacturer certified or may be treated with a flame retardant. Wood less than one-quarter inch thick must be treated. In most cases, floor coverings are the exception. Table coverings are excepted if they do not overhang the table more than six inches. Booth storage is allowed as follows: a. Cardboard boxes, packing materials, waste and debris must be removed prior to the start of the show and kept picked up during the show. b. All areas are inspected periodically. c. Boxed brochures, product and sales material storage may be allowed if kept tight, orderly and not stored behind the back of your booth. All extension cords must be a minimum of 14 gauge, 3 wire and grounded. Ties or cable clamps must be used when running cord. Lightweight extension cords or “zip cords” are strictly not allowed. Power strips are approved for additional outlet plugs (Cube tabs are not allowed and power strips cannot be “daisy chained”). Cords, plugs, and strips must have UL labeling Lighting must be UL labeled and used consistent with design.
11.Sales Tax. Exhibitors are responsible for collection and payment of ALASKA and FAIRBANKS Retail Sales Tax. You must provide show management with either a UBI Number or Tax Registration number. If you set up without a valid number, any fines incurred will be passed on to you, the Exhibitor.
12. Performance of Music and Sound Regulations. Exhibitor acknowledges that any live or recorded performances of music by or on behalf of Exhibitor at the Exhibition must be licensed from the appropriate copyright owner or its agent. Exhibitor warrants to AKCC that it will take full responsibility for obtaining any necessary licenses to play or perform such music and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AKCC from any damages or expenses incurred by AKCC due to Exhibitor’s use or authorization of use of such music. Mechanical or electrical devices which produce sound must be operated so as not to disturb other exhibitors. AKCC reserves the right to determine the placement and acceptable sound level of all such devices, and may determine at what point sound constitutes interference with others and must be discontinued.
OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE SPOKEN OR IN PRINT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Please inform show management immediately of any infractions Personnel and Attire. AKCC reserves the right to determine whether the character and/or attire of booth personnel are acceptable for attendees. If not deemed appropriate by AKCC staff, booth personnel will be asked to leave the Exhibition and return in appropriate attire. If Exhibitor does not comply with AKCC staff’s request, AKCC may thereupon direct Exhibitor forthwith to remove the personnel permanently from the show.
13. Resolution of Disputes. In the event of a dispute or disagreement between Exhibitor and an official contractor, or between Exhibitor and a Labor Union or Labor Union Representative, or between two or more exhibitors, all interpretations of the rules governing the Exhibition, actions, or decisions concerning this dispute or disagreement by AKCC intended to resolve the dispute or disagreement shall be binding on Exhibitor.
14. Care and Removal of Exhibits. AKCC will maintain the cleanliness of all aisles. Exhibitor must, at its own expense, keep exhibits clean and in good order. All exhibits must remain fully intact until the Exhibition has officially ended. Disturbing or tearing down an exhibit prior to the official closing hour of the Exhibition can result in a refusal by AKCC to accept or process exhibit space applications for subsequent exhibitions. Exhibits must be removed from the building by the time specified in the Exhibitors’ Manual. In the event Exhibitor fails to remove its exhibit in the allotted time, AKCC reserves the right, at Exhibitor’s expense, to ship the exhibit through a carrier of AKCC’s choosing or to place the exhibit in a storage warehouse subject to Exhibitor’s disposition or to make such other disposition of the exhibit as it may deem desirable without any liability to AKCC.
15. Insurance. Exhibitor is advised to see that its regular company insurance includes extraterritorial coverage, and that it has its own theft, public liability, and property damage insurance.
16. Amendment to Rules. Any matters not specifically covered by the preceding rules shall be subject solely to the decision of AKCC. TheAKCC shall have full power in the matter of interpretation, amendment and enforcement of all said rules and regulations.
17. License Acceptance. Deposit of your check does not constitute acceptance of this License. This License shall not be binding until accepted by AKCC.
18. Integration of License. This License contains the entire agreement between AKCC and Exhibitor. It may not be orally modified. Only an agreement in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of the party against whom enforcement of any waiver or modification is sought will be enforceable.
19. Information on our website subject to change without notice and without refund, as is your placement in the event hall. We reserve the right to relocate your booth at any time with zero compensation to the Exhibitor.
20. You may NOT “push out” your table beyond your space, and you are NOT allowed to vend from the SIDE of your booth. You may only sell to people in FRONT of, or WITHIN your designated space.
21. All imitation weapons for sale MUST comply with our posted Cosplay guidelines. No sharp-edged metal weapons shall be displayed for sale (this includes throwing stars, knives, daggers, swords, etc.)
22. Unlicensed, counterfeit or bootlegged items are strictly prohibited at all AKCC events. Any disputed items must be removed. You may not sell prints of other people’s works (or direct derivative – GOOGLE: “Rob Granito”) without showing a letter allowing you the right to do so.
23. By enetring the show, you aknowledge it is a public event, and you may be photographed or videotaped for promotional purposes with zero compensation to you now or in the future.
24. We will NOT issue refunds based on specific Celebrity, Guest or Vendor no-shows. We will do our best to let out fans know of cancellation as soon as possible.